Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Starting the Journey

Well, when I got back to Brazil we started thinking about the visa, process and everything. It was really hard to start filling out because we had no idea which forms we would need to use. My husband went to the legal (Army) and he didnt help a lot. It made us more confused! 
We tried so bad to look on the internet, USCIS website, but nothing was helping because we did not want to send in and get denied because we missed something. We did not think about getting a lawyer and thank God we did not get them, reading on the visa journey website they do all wrong and it's just a waiste of time! We took 3 months to find out everything. We were ready to go on october 2010. We were worried thinking of missed documents, but thank God we received our NOA1 and thought everything was ok. I tried my best to forget about the process for at least 5 months and I did. Well, actually for 4 months I didn't worry about it. But when we got 4 months I started to be crazy about it, I am totally addicted to Visa Journey Website I take a look on it everyday and many times a day. It's an awesome website, you can find everything you want and I totally love that timeline. I love when I update it! :)
But visa journey told me (based on estimates dates) I would receive my NOA2 on March or April. I was so excited! Few days later I logged in and they were saying my NOA would come only in june! I was desperate. I checked my status on the USCIS website every single day and I was going crazy! Really! It was 2 stressful weeks and I said ok, I'm gonna be patience and I will just wait as everybody does. On March, 13th I checked my case in and YEAH! We got approved! I can't describe my feelings on that moment! It was amazing! I felt as I was finishing that I couldn't believe! Then I realized I was just beginning! LOL NVC Journey here we goo! Next post I will tell you guys about my NVC experience.

PS: these are our rings :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can imagine how hard it was to figure it out about all the papers! Thank God for visajourney! We did have some problems on the form, and we ended up getting a RFE too, but it feels great to know that we got the NOA2!! Congratulations, Carol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Carol okay?
    I'm early in the process of K-1 waiting .. I'm happy with your process is going well, good luck to you.
    I saw your post and looked at the pictures, they are your rings?
    Are equal to ours, but the first top I'm not like most, are beautiful!
    Kisses!Congratulations, Carol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cintia!
    Thank you! Good luck to you too! Hope yours goes as smothly as mine has been! :)
    Yes, those are our rings, I love them! :p
    Thanks for the visiting!
    xx

    ReplyDelete