Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Introduction

Hello! I wanna introduce myself for you guys! My name is Caroline, I'm brazilian, I was born in São Paulo and I'm 25 years old. I am finishing my bachelor's degree in Business Administration and my green card process. 
First of all I wanna tell you I created this blog to share my experiences in the visa process and my new life in the USA.
I will tell you my love story! I met my husband when he was on vacation in Brazil. He was military at that time and was depployed in Iraq. He knew my sister's friend and stayed at their home. First day he was here, my friend took him to introduce the city and invited me to go with. I had no idea he was in the car and I thought fun that he was so american! We went to a small bar to show him the samba. It was closed but the manager let us in only because there was an american there lol. 
We went to a 24 hours bakery to eat and drink with some friends. I thought he was cute but he was only 18 years old and I was 22, so I haven't imagined we would get together. That day my friends gave him the strongest drink in the world: Cachaça. He got so waisted that when he opened up his month in the car all I could smell was alcohol. My friends were joking saying kiss him Carol, kiss him, all in portuguese and he didnt know what that meant. So I said that meant drink! He thought I wanted to drink his cachaça, no way!!! 
The next day I came over to my friends house to stay with him cause everybody was working and he would be alone, I was on vacation so I said yes. He showed me the pictures of Iraq and started a communication (my english was sucks!). He went to a trip with my sister's friend and I went to Rio de Janeiro with my other friends. We stayed 4 days apart but when I got back to São Paulo we met again, it was his b-day and I took him to meet touristic points with two friends of mine. We spent a great day together and the next day I took him to my college and we kissed. It was so beautiful, I felt like I was teenager again (he was 19y by this time lol). 
After this we spent few more days together. I was so in love with him, but I knew he would have to leave and I would never get a chance to meet him again, so I just enjoyed him so much. 
He left me. Now forget him! But I couldn't. He got back to Iraq and we kept in touch for months till he left iraq to move to... Alaska! OMG, how could I fell in love with this crazy guy! 
But yeah, I did and our love only grew up more and more!
He promised me he would get back and he did. 8 months later he was back here. This time he stayed at my home and I took him to Rio de Janeiro for the Carnival Party. It was an amazing time and we started dating there.
He got back to Alaska and now it was my turn to visit him in the USA. 5 months later, after got passport and visa, I was in Las Vegas with the love of my love. We got married there, just me and him. All of our families and friends watched live thru webcam. It was pretty amazing, the photographer did an awesome job, our pictures are perfect!
He took me to California to meet his grandfather, aunt and cousin and to Virginia to meet his parents, brothers, friends, everybody! 
I will never forget this trip, the best I ever had.
We got married but I had to get back to my country, it was not planned and I had my life in Brazil, my college. It was hard but I left the USA crying like crazy. After our wedding we started filling out the papers to get me a visa that allowed me live and work legally in the USA. 5 months after our marriage I went to Alaska to visit my husband and spent almost 3 weeks over there. Another amazing time and now I am waiting for my hubby to come over next month! He will be here june, july and begin of august when I will move to the USA! 
That's it! :-) I wrote a lot, next time I won't write that much.

4 comments:

  1. Carol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Que legal que encontrei o seu blog, menina! Que história linda a de vocês!!! Eu sou a Tacia do visajourney, encontrei seu blog quando fui responder sua mensagem de parabéns pelo meu NOA2, hihihi,...obrigada by the way. Eu estou no processo pelo K1. Eu também sou de São Paulo! Adorei ter encontrado o seu blog! Amei a historia de vocês, parabéns pelo casamento e pela entrevista marcada! Que Deus abençõe vocês!
    Um beijo, Tacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, eu também tenho um blog: http://eueleeataldaquimica.blogspot.com/
    Aparece lá se quiser! :) Beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, amazing story! Got to know about your blog from Tacia (above). Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Boma! Glad you took a look on my blog! xx

    ReplyDelete